C# not only for Windows desktop application!
C# ( pronounced as C Sharp ) is a multi paradigm, object oriented programming language encompassing strong typing , essential, declarative, efficient , class based, and component oriented programming disciplines. C# is one of the programming languages designed for the Common Language Infrastructure. C# is a well-designed and type-safe that allows C Sharp developers to build a wide array of secure and robust applications that run on the .NET Framework.
Some Advantages of C# .Net:
- The development tools, guidelines, and samples are provided in single source of Microsoft’s website which is trustworthy than several source of tools and guidelines provided for many open source Programming Languages.
- C# supports XML comments to add comments to code. The comments are placed into XML format and can then be used as needed to document your code.
- C# establishes better event management using delegates and supports conditional compilation & cross-language interoperability with any .NET languages.
- The development tools (Visual Studio) is more user friendly than any other development environment (IDE). A lot of built in controls available.
- C# .Net is useful for all kind of system – small to large scaled system. It provides scalability feature to fit any system requirement.
- C# allows you to access memory directly using unsafe code blocks.
- C# .Net desktop applications can be used without web connectivity. Not to worry about Internet connection for using your application.
- Traditional procedural approach replaced by MVC concept in ASP .NET.
- Introducing MVC in ASP .NET and improving its features day by day Web applications are becoming more faster in speed. It is possible now to develop client side web applications without taking too much time to response.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept makes programmers able to develop real time applications rather focusing on procedures and functions which Procedural approach does.
- In all Windows Operating Systems C# .Net applications (desktop and web) can installed or deployed easily with system requirement check. Cross platform facility also included with the help of “Mono” framework (open source development framework). Now, C# .Net applications can be installed or deployed on Linux and Mac too.
- “Mono” framework also introduces C# .Net capability to develop Android and iPhone applications besides Windows Phone application.
- “It is a Microsoft’s property” – No! Microsoft developed it, but C# and .NET Framework are ECMA (2) and ISO (2) standards. In the other hand are ADO.NET, ASP.NET and Windows. Forms that they are not part of the standard (but supported by free implementations), and Microsoft has some patents in USA about C# and the CLI but other implementations of the virtual machine and compilers can be developed freely.
- “It is intended to be used only in Windows”. That’s true for Visual Studio, but that’s just an IDE, and for Windows. Forms which is not part of any standard. You can write console-based multiplatform applications or even apps with GUI using GTK+ , QT/KDE or other graphic libraries, which don’t require any Windows-related library (most of the .NET Framework doesn’t need anything related to Windows, and you can use it on any operating system). For example, new applications are being developed every day for GNOME running on Mono.